Back in December of 2016, we reached out to hundreds of members in our community to see what you liked and didn't like about buying and selling on Panjo. We asked you what Panjo benefits you'd like to be strengthened as well as what areas we lacked in and should focus on improving. You can see some of the feedback here: Panjo Feedback Wall
In addition to the feedback we received, our team went through the buy and sell process on Panjo numerous times with each iteration to see how we can improve your experience.
We arrived at the following conclusions:
1) Most sales required some sort of shipping negotiation prior to the purchase in order to be successful.
2) Members wanted better ways to customize new listing emails received to be more specific to your interests.
3) Members wanted more ways to promote listings and gain exposure from similar communities.
4) You needed ways to invoice additional or return excess funds to a buyer (e.g. additional shipping, shipping insurance, partial refunds, partouts).
5) The purchasing experience was confusing and you needed better access to buyer/seller tools.
We released these solutions:
1) We released a shipping estimator that allows members to calculate shipping estimates and compare prices between USPS, UPS, and FedEx options to help facilitate sales. Once your item is sold, you'll also have access to print discounted shipping labels where you'll not only save ~10% on your shipping label, but a trip to the post office!
2) Members used to receive new listing emails showing every item that was recently listed in their community. We hear you, it is more relevant to receive new listing updates based off your specific interests. The emails you receive are now based off the specific tags/keywords you are following.
You can follow tags by clicking Follow:
You can see/manage your followed tags in your profile:
3) With the new tag system, sellers will now be able to reach much larger audiences by tagging their listing (max 5 tags). For example, if you tag your listing with 'BMW', your listing will be promoted to all members following the 'BMW' tag or making a search for BMW in the marketplace.
Our community team now promotes great listings in the marketplace to Panjo's Google Merchant feed. Promoted listings will be shown to enthusiasts across the web to increase your chances of making a sale. Great listings have descriptive titles, multiple high quality photos, an accurate asking price, strong tags, and detailed descriptions. Learn more about Panjo's feed.
4) Every member now has a 'Send Payment' button that will allow you to send an additional or custom payment. It may take up to 2-3 business days for a payment to settle. If you are wondering about a payment, feel free to contact email@example.com
5) The tools you need to complete a purchase are now accessible directly in your conversations with the seller.
You may have ran into a situation where you and the seller have already agreed on a price, but the listing has not yet been updated to reflect that new price or the seller is afraid someone else will swoop in to purchase it at the new price. We've all been there before. Now, paying the agreed price is simple.
Just click the 'Buy Now' button on the listing or the purchase link in your email chain, and enter your total agreed price in the window:
What's coming next
Soon, you'll be able to better sort & filter your search results and receive better recommendations of similar listings through a completely redesigned results page.
Let us know what else we should be working on. Leave feedback